Project number: 2020-1-TR01-KA226-VET-098418
The highly infectious COVID-19 disease, declared a pandemic by World Health Organization, has changed the educational panorama of the world in a very short time. In the face of global school closures, all educational systems have faced striking challenges in moving from traditional methods of learning to online/distant teaching-learning environments. Latest surveys suggest that VET learners might be at disadvantaged compared to learners from other educational tracks as more efforts are put into general school subjects, and less in typical vocational content. Hence, this project aims to contribute to maintaining the continuity of VET in the field of tourism by introducing digital VET opportunities. This will ensure that students get the most of their education and training and they are less affected by the crisis situation.
Principals, teachers, parents, students and stakeholders.
Stakeholders in the field of tourism including businesses such as hotels, restaurants, trade associations and employment agency will be consulted during material and strategy development. The needs of the target groups will be addressed in the following manner:
- Administration-principals: they will be provided with digital solutions to the immediate problem
- Teachers: they will be given tools to improve school education via the teacher training course, individualized pathways to learning and OERs as well as the Q&A space that will provide mentoring and coaching.
- Students and parents: they will be provided with strategies to socially and culturally adapt to the new mode of learning. School leaving due to low skill levels of lack of adaptation will be minimized.
The two main outputs of the project would be:
- O1: Set of guides for digital vocational education in the tourism sector
- O2: Virtual ADE advisor – individualized space for improving digital qualifications of a vocational teacher
Project website: in progres
- Izzet Baysal Abant Mesleki ve Teknik Anadolu Lisesi (Turkey) – COORDINATOR
- STOWARZYSZENIE CENTRUM WSPIERANIA EDUKACJI I PRZEDSIEBIORCZOSCI (Poland)
- Bolu Milli Egitim Mudurlugu (Turkey)
- Sea Teach S.L. (Spain)
- SDRUDZENIE ZNAM I MOGA (Bulgaria)