WaterWorldAdventure – Interactive eBook to improve the Ocean Literacy of Kids
Assistance program: ERASMUS+
Project number: 2016-1-EL01-KA201-023456
This eBook helped to improve the Ocean Literacy of pre-school children (3-6 years old). The eBook was developed considering:
- 7 Essential Principles and the Fundamental Concepts of the Ocean Literacy Framework, developed by the National Marine Educators Association in the US, and is the world reference in this area;
- Good practices of storytelling and interactive stories, specifically for this age group; thus guaranteeing the robustness of the pedagogical approach and ensuring the alignment with the end users needs (teachers and parents).
Along with the interactive story, a Facilitator’s Guide for teachers and parents was developed. This Guide contributed to the full use of the WaterWorldAdventure eBook by proposing: an overall approach to the use of the eBook; a set of complementary discussion topics/questions to help teachers/parents exploring specific concepts, behaviors, attitudes; a set of complementary activities to help strengthening the learning experience, including simple games, colouring activities or project ideas.
- PANEPISTIMIO THESSALIAS – Volos, Greece
- Advancis Business Services Lda – Porto, Portugal
- Inspectoratul Scolar Judetean – Arad, Romania
- Boon Unipessoal Lda – Matosinhos, Portugal
- The Centre for Education and Entrepreneurship Support – Rzeszów, Poland