Field: Cooperation partnerships in youth
LIGHT’s goal is to bring improvements in youth work’s responses to unconscious biases and invisible racism, contributing to the fight against them and advancing EU society’s inclusiveness.
The project aims to promote bias literacy, develop innovative youth work tools to shed light to the phenomena, increase youth workers’ ability to effectively work on the topic, and raise youngsters’ ability to recognize and question their bias.
The project is expected to turn attention to unconscious biases as more prevalent and subtle manifestations, leading to discrimination, invisible racism and inequalities. The project aims to contribute to building a more respectful, responsive and tolerant youth generation. Youngsters’ awareness on the topic and bias literacy will eliminate discrimination among peers and will allow more young people to equally enjoy their rights. Increased inclusiveness of youth activities will be achieved.
LIGHT project results
- Development of the LIGHT toolkit, including non-formal learning exercises and youth work experiments.
- Creation of self-revealing tests on unconscious bias.
- Preparation of awareness raising videos and interactive materials on unconscious bias.
- LICRA – France (Project coordinator)
- KMOP – Greece
- CSC „DANILO DOLCI” – Italy
- Radio La Benevolencija Humanitarian Tools Foundation – The Netherlands
- CWEP – Poland (it is us)
VISIT THE PROJECT WEBSITE:
FOLLOW THE PROJECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA: