Project number: 2021-1-IE01-KA220-VET-000033351
InterCulturalHotel project is motivated to develop a new, innovative intercultural training framework for the hospitality sector that would fit the actual needs of the hospitality professionals. It prepare them for surprises that can arise in a foreign cultural situation and plant intercultural awareness into their minds. This project will also help hotel staff create intercultural connection with guests from China or Russia whose culture and social interaction differ significantly from Western cultures. The tasks of the project implemented under the Erasmus + program will include promoting the importance of intercultural competence among employees and increasing the competitiveness of the sector in Europe.
- VET in the area of cultural awareness and and hospitality
- Hospitality managers and staff, stakeholders or tourism social partners
- Hotel owners and tourist enterprises
- Hospitality guests
- Stakeholders of the tourist industry
- Communities and regional governments whose economies depend on tourism
- R1: Needs analysis for prototype of teaching material and defining a training methodology – The consortium will conduct new surveys and interviews among the target groups to understand in-depth the intercultural challenges that still exist in hospitality. The results of the implemented analysis will lead to the creation of critical incidents prototypes in the principal departments of a hotel.
- R2: Transfer of prototypes by partners: target languages and localisation /
- contextualisation – Partners transfer the content of the prototypes into their own language and localise the information; for example, what is important for hotel Staff in their country in order to improve their skills when dealing with staff or hotel guests of a different culture?
- R3: InterCulturalHotel Training Modules (web and mobile) – The InterCulturalHotel Training Modules will be a modular and structural implementation of the transferred prototypes in the form of an online version and a stand-alone mobile application. The training content will take advantage of various multimedia delivery methods supporting the learning process and will make use of cultural incidents prepared in the form of abovementioned scenarios/virtual tours.
- R4: Testing/piloting/evaluation and improvement of teaching materials – This PR is one of the most important once as it will make sure that the end product will be of high quality. The more feedback the partnership will receive by the target group sector; the higher the quality of the online modules and the mobile app. The results of the project will be tested by target groups representatives and all feedback will be dully noted and passed on to the technical team for implementation of any malfunctions or bugs identified.
Project website: https://intercultural-hotel.com/
- Munster Technological University – Cork, Ireland (coordinator)
- DEKAPLUS BUSINESS SERVICES LTD – Limassol, Cyprus
- EDEX – EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE CORPORATION LIMITED – Nicosia, Cyprus
- STOWARZYSZENIE CENTRUM WSPIERANIA EDUKACJI I PRZEDSIEBIORCZOSCI – Rzeszow, Poland
- APOSTOLINA TSALTAMPASI KAI SIA EE – Thessaloniki, Greece
- STICHTING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FRIESLAND – Leuuwarden, Netherlands
- PLOVDIVSKI UNIVERSITET PAISIY HILENDARSKI – Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Klaipedos turizmo mokykla – Klaipėda, Lithuania
- LABC S.R.L. – Torino, Italy
- Srednja sola za gostinstvo in turizem Celje – Celje, Slovenia